Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson's Presentation

I found Sir Ken's presentation fascinating and thought provoking.

"Creativity is as important in education as literacy."

Initially I thought this sounded a bit vague and theoretical but as I listened the absolute simplicity of what he was saying became very clear to me and was again a reminder to me that we need to extend our thinking about the capacity that children have to learn in different ways

" We are educated from the waist up to the head and then to one side."

My thoughts about this comment relate to the understanding that education shapes the mind but the mind is more about soul and passion and aspirations rather than the more narrow view tat the mind is about feeding information into the appropriate dimension of the brain.

If you have to move to think you may be a dancer: A good example of what the "overactive" child may have to offer.

 Watch the video here

No comments:

Post a Comment